Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am a Nerd in the Making

I've always been on the fringe. The non-cheerleader type that spent all extracurricular time in high school in the Little Theatre at Lake Braddock. Even the clubs I went to as an adult were alternative/goth type places where clove smoke hung heavy in the air.

My internal need to fit in, however, kept me from totally geeking out - until now.

In just over a week, I will be on my first adventure as an Elven Cleric named Aoife. Thanks to a couple of friends of John's, I will be enjoying Dungeons and Dragons for the first time. I'm excited and nervous at the same time...afraid that I won't be able to commit because of that little tug inside that tells me NOT to give in to my nerdiness.

But while I'm sitting here, I'm watching one of my favorite episodes of Star Trek TNG ever. "Where Silence Has Lease" has a very Twilight Zone feel. I've loved this show since I was a kid. Thankfully, I found a husband who accepts my closet geekiness and understands that I have to let it out a little bit of at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment